Shipkar Packaging Tips
Machines and automatic distribution systems mostly organise international transport. Since most automatic distribution systems are gentle nor thoughtful, you might want to consider decent packaging. Good and sturdy packaging not only prevents your consignment against damage, but also prevents unwanted delays. Want to know what you can do to contribute to a safe transit for your goods?
Our Packaging Advice
- Make sure you have a the shipping label fixed on the appropriate location of your shipment.
- Remove old shipping labels and / or consignments.
- Make sure that the shipping label is secured and clearly visible on your package.
- Make sure the packaging suits the content of the shipment.
- Provide quality shock absorbing packaging.
- Check the thickness of the cardboard packaging used.
- Use enough cushioning material.
- Use corrugated (waved) cardboard correctly.
- Seal the container properly.
- When sending fragile or delicate goods, always place them in the centre of the packaging.
- Protect edges and pointy ends.
- Protect data, image and audio materials with good stuffing material.
- Wrap rolled goods (e.g. carpets) in foil.
- Pack liquid goods in leak-proof containers.
- Pack powder materials and fine grains in hard fiberboard boxes.
- Use separating (cardboard) walls when shipping fragile goods.
- Use greaseproof paper to pack oily and fragrant liquids.
- Wrap your consignment in one piece.